KS Control Inc. is looking for an experienced Industrial Mechanic that will be able to help grow our autonomous vehicle business, which is specifically designed for the manufacturing environment. The mechanic will be working closely with potential customers, clients, and partners to ensure our products are installed and running properly.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulics, cameras, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Support the install and implementation of autonomous material handling vehicles.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent or / and apprenticeship Industrial Mechanic according to German norm
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical schematics
- It would be of advantage to be familiar with material handling vehicles
- Must be a Self-Starter
- Ability to travel ~ 25%
- Three or more years of experience as an industrial mechanic
- Strong verbal communication skills
BHS Intralogistics GmbH, Germanenstraße 2, 93098 Mintraching / Germany