We are implementing a new business line of fully autonomous forklifts and other automated guided vehicles for 2021. We are looking for a self-motivated and dynamic Sr. Industrial Electrician. We will be building a new assembly facility for our patented automated forklifts.
You will report directly to the CEO and will be one of the key members in the start-up of our production. You will stay in constant contact with our production team in Germany to ensure all quality aspects. You communicate with Purchasing, Document Control, and Logistics Managers; the Sr. Industrial Electrician researches, plans, designs, develops, installs, troubleshoot, and conducts tests on electronic cables/harnesses and mechanical assemblies and/or systems. Other responsibilities include the design of test control apparatus and equipment, evaluation of operational systems, and recommendation of design modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Confer with production, test, purchasing and sales to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Installs and monitors performance of installed electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments, or replacement.
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Leads, guides, and/or trains other electricians in applicable procedures and techniques.
- Repairs and maintains motor control centers and programmable logic controls (1000 volt and below).
- Plans electrical secondary system additions or modifications.
- May perform work of lower-level electricians.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Reads, employs, and updates electrical panel schedules.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Prepare and communicate specifications for purchase of materials and equipment/tooling when necessary.
- Examine and verify technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements. May draft detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors.
- Modify design to correct operating deficiencies and/or reduce production issues.
- Confer with document originators to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes to ISO work instructions and other related documents.
- Design and plan the layout of electrical assemblies to customer requirements; communicating details with Manufacturing and Test.
- Support field testing of products and systems on first run items.
- Responsible for the preparation of final project reports including obtaining historical data and information.
- Conducts a quality check of all documents and reports, verifying accuracy of data, information, and calculations.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining the departmental policies, procedures, and manuals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have up to 5 years’ experience as an industrial electrician working in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Excellent understanding of safety rules in an industrial setting
- Must be fluent in German and English
- Must be familiar with industrial and electrical laws
- Must be able to work late hours and overnight, and should be able to work weekends as well
- Strong mechanical, analytical, and solution driven skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Experience in Automation, conveyors, and artificial intelligence expertise
- Possess state certification or equivalent qualification or license
- Possess strong electrical and mechanical abilities
- Must be able to use basic tools and machinery
- Ability to schedule and balance priorities; and possess a strong adherence to deadlines
- Awareness of operational machinery problems in short proximity
- Strong ability to read measure devices and blueprints
- Strong understanding of PLC controls
- Customer Service: ability to relate with and work with several people irrespective of their background
- Critical Thinking: once a problem is identified, industrial electricians should be able to deal with it critically.
- Preferred knowledge of ISO standards and documentation.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, assembly drawings and wire lists. Ability to use measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers and scales.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, and strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – but able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Results oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage project schedules.
- Ability to understand complex problems and collaborate with others to provide effective solutions.
- Ensure that duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct reports are defined and understood.
- Willing to travel
BHS Intralogistics GmbH, Germanenstraße 2, 93098 Mintraching / Germany